Rockaway Township Sportsmen Club Incorporated 1961:
Governed by Roberts Rules of Order and registered in the State of New Jersey. Governing Body: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and (5) trustee’s, (2) New Jersey State Federation Representatives Yearly Activities:
- Trash cleanup at various property sites throughout the year.
- Maintain and provide support for Eagle Scout projects at Mt. Hope Scout cabin.
- Yearly stocking of fish for members to fish in accordance with New Jersey Division of Fish and Game regulations.
- We provide insurance coverage for our leasers, as well as posting and patrolling for trespassers. We maintain open communications with them throughout the year.
- We have provided support to individuals doing graduate work on environmental projects, acid rain studies, the mute swan population, endangered species and protected wildlife.
- We are registered with the Rockaway Township Community Directory.
- Along with the Rockaway Township Police Benevolent Association we support the Knee Deep Club fishing events for kids.
Article V of the Rockaway Township Sportsmen, Inc. Constitution and By-Laws: Objectives:
- Sect I: The objectives of the Corp shall be the protection and propagation of Forest, Fish and Game, and other natural resources.
- Sect II: To maintain interest in and act in behalf of, favorable legislation and to discourage unfavorable legislation as conforms to the above named objectives.
- Sect III: The education of youth to a better understanding of the proper use of firearms, boats and conservation and sportsmanship, the outdoors and the adherence of all Conservation Laws.
- Sect IV: To provide a suitable place for the members to fish.
- Sect V: To promote and maintain friendly relations and fellowship among its members. To provide an opportunity for the membership and their guest to associate in social, sports activities and civic events.
- Sect VI: The Corp shall operate without profit, and shall be non-political and non-sectarian.